.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

In Defense of My Existence

03 July 2005

i'm it!

My best friend, Angel, has deemed it necessary to "tag" me with one of those "memes" that are all the rage in the blogosphere. After conferring with her about what exactly it is I am supposed to do with it, here is my reply:

1) Number of books I own... 40-50 on hand, but another 300 or so in storage back in Ohio.

2) Last book I bought... Ishmael by Daniel Quinn. But, of course, I haven't read it yet.

3) Last book I read... Gilgamesh: A New English Version by Stephen Mitchell. I currently feel the need, inherent--at some time or another--in all persons with an English degree, to catch up on The Klassix.

4) Five books that mean a lot to me... I'm guessing here, but: Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney with illustrations by Anita Jeram, Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse, Anthem by Ayn Rand, my mother's old pre-Vatican II St. Joseph's Missal in Latin and English that I used to play priest with as a youngin', and the pseudo-memoir I've been working on for over a year that I may or may not finish that shares a title with this blog.

Golly Gee! That was fun! I now tag Stef as she is the only other blogger I know. The meme is in your court.

1 Comments:

  • I love your answers...how come you never told me about your playing a priest as a child?

    By the way, I am LOVING "Spamalot"!

    By Blogger Angel Singer, at 8:45 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home