.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

In Defense of My Existence

09 July 2005

here we meme again

This has been passed on to me by Underdog. Enjoy! (And don't be thinkin' you know me any better jus' cause you done read it!!)

10 years ago: July 1995... I was stuck living with my parents in Miamisburg, Ohio after having spent several months living in, first, Philadelphia and, later, with Angel. My days were spent working at the University of Dayton's Roesch Library. Come nightfall, my underage ass hit the dive bars with my (still) dear friend Mosa. Only a month until the big 2-1!

5 years ago: July 2000... I was taking summer classes at Valparaiso University and rehearsing for Fiddler on the Roof at the Memorial Opera House in town, my big return to the stage after a several years absence. To make ends meet I was a deli clerk at the local Wiseway. Consequently, I ate all sorts of exotic, non-kosher lunch meat that summer.

1 year ago: July 2004... Homelessness. Unemployment. Ick! Thank God for Boyfriend!!

Yesterday: 8 July 2005... Put in a full day at my fabulous job; It rained all evening (which they tell me is inappropriate for Portland at this time of year); Boyfriend and I had a big, homemade spaghetti dinner and chilled the night away.

Today: 9 July 2005... Slept in (8:30 here I come); Met Boyfriend for lunch (he had to work today); Dropped off a resume in my ongoing, half-assed quest for a second job; Currently chatting with Angel (how long have I known this woman??); Tonight, I may catch Othello in the park.

Tomorrow: is another day, but there will probably be a Sunday paper involved.

5 snacks I enjoy: Sour Patch Kids; ShockTarts; Fritos and cottage cheese; mango sorbet; kim chee.

5 bands that I know the lyrics of most of their songs: Siouxsie and the Banshees; Rasputina; B-52s; and because musicals should count, Sweeney Todd and A New Brain.

5 things I would do with $100,000,000: Get the fuck out of debt; put my folks up real good; make a very comfortable home-base for myself in NYC and then travel to my heart's content; invest, invest, invest; set up a charitable foundation.

5 locations I'd like to run away to: NYC; Ireland; Russia; Alaska; New England.

5 bad habits I have: I can be a real perfectionist (wait, this isn't a job interview, scratch that). It's a wonder I have any nails left; since I cut down the drinking my sweet tooth has taken over my life; I'm lazy; I can be, at times, a know-it-all, I guess if you want to call it that; I'm terribly indecisive. (Well, shit! Thank God I'm cute!)

5 things I like doing: singing; listening to music; creating beauty; walking about new places; reading.

5 things I would never wear: a thong; tapered pants; pigeon shit; underwear from goodwill; my older brother's hand-me-downs.

5 TV shows I like: The Simpsons; Family Guy; Antiques Roadshow; the News; um, um, um... I admit it... I don't paricularly watch that much television.

5 movies I like: Saved; Connie & Carla; On Edge; D.E.B.S.; Baby Boom.

5 famous people I'd like to meet: Elie Wiesel; Stephen Sondheim; Bill Clinton; Madonna; Siouxsie Sioux.

5 biggest joys of the moment: non-alcoholic beer; friends; walking in the West Hills; the kids flipping out on each other; my special pickle.

5 favorite toys: my teddy bear; bubbles; stickers; my beach cruiser; the crutches at work.

5 people to tag: this is a trick question, right? I pick Angel and Stef.

Thank you and good night.

2 Comments:

  • I've been tagged! NOW I know you love me....

    Some comments...

    No one should wear a thong. It should be a law. Seriously.

    No one should wear your brother's clothes. That includes him.

    Of course, you're cute!

    And...

    You've known me for almost 15 years. Yep...we're that freaking old.

    By Blogger Angel Singer, at 7:30 PM PDT  

  • Hey there!!!

    How do you get links going to outside stuff? I am sooooo technology disorientated. On another note - Radio Humanity is running...sort of. At least as a blog - radiohumanity.blogspot.com

    Luv!
    Eve

    By Blogger Eve, at 8:01 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home